View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 02:36 AM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKingsFan92 View Post
When my other buddies and I were watching the NCAA championship game on Monday, he went on a bit of a rant on the other Big 10 schools. The funniest one to me was when he was making fun of Purdue because their mascot was a train. I wanted to answer back that the Buckeyes are named after a plant. I didn't though because I didn't want to **** him off.
There is a whole lot of failure going on with your friend. Purdue's mascot is a boilermaker which is an alcohol drink that the paid football players used to drink. They were railroad workers at the turn of the century hence the train that pulls out with their mascot Purdue Pete a giant railroad worker that carries a hammer. Anyway just think this guy likes to hate on things. Some of that legend is disputed, but it is essentially a nickname because their sports teams looked like huge jacked railroad workers.

The Jackets have a solid following especially considering they haven't given their fans much to be happy about all that often. Hockey will take off in Columbus when they get a little better, that is something they share with a lot of markets.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote