View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 05:26 AM
jnk96
Sunshiny Optimist

vCash: 500
Hey! I live near Dusseldorf and there are lots of DEG fans around here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy C
The DEL has to get some of their games, maybe even just local team games on free TV. Kids need to see it, if they don't they kids will not become German Hockey stars in great numbers. This is a great way to compete with Soccer\Football the NHL has to compete with Baseball, NFL, NBA this is how they do it. If you have to pay extra for a game you know nothing about you never get bigger you never make hockey players. German Hockey needs to grow otherwise current German hockey fans will just Buy Game-center and never care about their local teams.
The DEL started showing some games on free-TV (servus TV) and on laola1.com. So they do try to make hockey more popular here. However, I only watched some Playoff games on TV, two live games in Dusseldorf and a few in the Oberliga (3rd). But I also have ESPN America here and sometimes watch WHL or OHL games so I'm much more interested in NA hockey.

Junior hockey in Germany is a complete different thing. In NA people even watch PeeWee hockey to scout the next Draft-Prospects, don't they? The only persons who watch German Junior hockey are probably parents or other family members.

jnk96 is offline   Reply With Quote