View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 08:31 AM
rocky7
Run 'n' Gun

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Regardless, he's posted a SV% of under .900 since he returned from his injury.

I believe he let in 5 goals on 18 shots against the Bruins a couple days ago. And now 2 on 11 tonight. Not the greatest display of goaltending there, defensive breakdowns or not.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he retired after this season.
Nope wouldn't surprise me either but he certainly has nothing to be ashamed of. I think they rushed him back and he wanted to be in there to try to help the Devils who have been playing poorly for a couple of reasons. If anyone deserves a break, Marty does. He has most likely won games for them this year per usual as well.

While he may retire, he may also stick around in some capacity. Backup perhaps. Coaching staff? I love the guy and his attitude. He does have a young family so who knows? That's what will probably dictate his decision more than anything. Maybe he will hang up the pads for good. Some fans are harsh sometimes of course. I kind of wish he would have retired after last year on a better note, but no matter when or how he does so, he will always be a legend in this sport. I'm sure every goaltender would concur. If he does hang them up, expect a televised Hall of Fame broadcast.