Thread: Value of: David Rundblad to Philadelphia
View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 09:08 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post

Phoenix would be looking to deal potential (Rundblad +) for someone who can step into a top #1 or 2 Center role. That's likely not available or as likely/appealing as the Yandle scenario (especially from the Phoenix standpoint). Personally the only two names worth discussing are Coutourier and Laughton. Voracek would be off the table. Would love to know where Phoenix brass had Laughton on their draft board. We do know they had Filipino Forsberg in their top 5 and he wasn't enough to tempt them to move Yandle.
Laughton was quite impressive in his cup-of-coffee appearance this year, and has done nothing but improve his stock in the CHL. He's a really intriguing piece--enough to make some fans (at least) willing to part with Couturier. He doesn't figure to have Couturier's offensive production, though. I think his ceiling is a very good 2C, with a floor as a very good 3C. Most have penciled him in to the third line for next season. I'd rather move Laughton than Couturier, but I know that others disagree.

The other possibility is something around the Flyers 1st. There's a decent chance that it ends up 7-10, where the best players on the board are center prospects (Lindholm, Monahan). I'm one of the few willing to move the pick at that point--though not if it is top-5.

Do you think that PHX would have made the deal you alluded to if OEL was already signed?

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote