Thread: Value of: David Rundblad to Philadelphia
View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 09:33 AM
hbk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Laughton was quite impressive in his cup-of-coffee appearance this year, and has done nothing but improve his stock in the CHL. He's a really intriguing piece--enough to make some fans (at least) willing to part with Couturier. He doesn't figure to have Couturier's offensive production, though. I think his ceiling is a very good 2C, with a floor as a very good 3C. Most have penciled him in to the third line for next season. I'd rather move Laughton than Couturier, but I know that others disagree.

The other possibility is something around the Flyers 1st. There's a decent chance that it ends up 7-10, where the best players on the board are center prospects (Lindholm, Monahan). I'm one of the few willing to move the pick at that point--though not if it is top-5.

Do you think that PHX would have made the deal you alluded to if OEL was already signed?
OEL is signed already. That isn't an issue.

Phoenix has Samuellson who projects as a nasty #2/3 Center in his own right which is why I fear that the Coyotes have limited interest in Laughton. Samuellson can play RW as well though so he would give Phoenix options.

Coutourier overall is more intriguing. Flyers don't move him unless they feel they are covered with Laughton. They won't move both IMO. A Flyers pick in that 6-10 range is very appealing. All depends if the strategy is to sell high on Yandle and not low on Rundblad (would take Rundblad+). That all depends on ownership, who's the GM and coach. Expect some players to ask to be moved pending relocation which could change everything.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote