Thread: Value of: David Rundblad to Philadelphia
View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
OEL is signed already. That isn't an issue.

Phoenix has Samuellson who projects as a nasty #2/3 Center in his own right which is why I fear that the Coyotes have limited interest in Laughton. Samuellson can play RW as well though so he would give Phoenix options.

Coutourier overall is more intriguing. Flyers don't move him unless they feel they are covered with Laughton. They won't move both IMO. A Flyers pick in that 6-10 range is very appealing. All depends if the strategy is to sell high on Yandle and not low on Rundblad (would take Rundblad+). That all depends on ownership, who's the GM and coach. Expect some players to ask to be moved pending relocation which could change everything.
I know he is signed now. I took from your previous post that the Coyotes passed on a deal involving Forsberg + for Yandle, and I wasn't sure whether that was before or after OEL signed his extension.

I'm a fan of Yandle, and I think he's exactly what the Flyers need to work successfully in Laviolette's system. The absence of Carle and Pronger has proved problematic this year, when the team is utterly incapable of getting the puck out of its own end and initiating a transition. Both the offense and defense suffers because of it.

But that's not a popular position among Flyers fans. Most look at the advanced stats and see Yandle as a liability in his own end incapable of playing in all situations.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote