View Single Post
04-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Global Moderator
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Leafs at this point do not have a center in the system that satisfies their pressing need.

I'd say they have bottom 3 lines covered, but unless they can steal one from free agency (don't see where), draft one (year's away) they should be pulling out all the stops in a trade.

If Phaneuf is the answer for their defense, then even Rielly should be available for a true top 10 center. I don't base top 10 on points alone, so I'm not buying that Kadri is that player.
A Jake Gardiner for Ryan O'Rielly type trade would serve just such a purpose, of finding a young centre to groom and build upon.

Then trading Grabovski to say the Desert Dogs in return for Keith Yandle would then replace Gardiner as would Morgan Rielly hopefully in the future.

Just possible example(s) of multiple trades positioning the team with a Top 6 center and a Top 4 defender and addressing team needs.

Leaving Kadri and O'Rielly as Leaf top 6 centers and grooming Joey C internally for that #3 spot.

Signature: "Never say Never to a Mike Babcock coached team" ..... Mess (circa 2015) #Play-the-Kids
Mess is offline   Reply With Quote