View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
You know, I love Subban and I was behind him the whole time but I don't like seeing these type of comments from him.

Medias vote for the Norris. He shouldn't go out of his way to remind them of their idiocy.

Also, his comments could very well apply to Gorges. It's not the time to ruffle feathers and stir up crap.

I like that he is using this to fuel his focus but ultimately, it's better to find other sources of motivation. Soon, there won't be anyone credible left to say crap about him so what will his motivation be then ? Truthfully, I'm not worried about that too much because PK is a serious athlete and I'm sure he'll be fine but he should still keep that stuff to himself.
I don't think it's uncommon for professional athletes to use 'proving others wrong' as at least some form of motivation. Subban is just honest about it. Hell, Michael Jordan isn't shy to say it motivated him.

Add to that the ridiculous character assassination he's suffered through since his career started when he's been nothing but a class act off the ice and (for the most part) on it, and I don't think he can help but bask in it inwardly. I can't say I know much about the Subban family, but the little I do know is that their parents instilled in their kids a strong work ethic, professionalism and class. To have dimwits like PJ Stock crap on that character week in and week out is practically a direct insult to his upbringing and must infuriate him, even if he rarely lets it show.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote