View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 12:26 PM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2point0 View Post
I agree, and I don't think the way to address our issues on D is through a trade. The market for d men is ridiculous and we'd have to overpay and give up more than just a top prospect. If we draft another center in the first I really don't see how we're going to improve our D without giving up at least two quality prospects and/or high picks that we need. Especially with where we are this year and who is available. While some of the forwards may have a higher upside than some of the d men you mentioned, I don't think the gap is huge.
We are screwed for next year. Just accept that. Even if we get Jones...the pressure and expectation on him next year would be INSANE to put on a 19 yr old.

Its critical that we start rebuilding the DEPTH of this organization. And that means 3 years + of not trading picks and scouting like mofos and getting hits.

If we drafted say Mac, we season him appropriately, move him up, and if he is the better player when he gets "blocked", trade Schenn or Couts or something for a kings ransom.