Old
04-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Philly85
Moody'

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Ridiculous post.
He's having a down year in a shortened season and all of a sudden the league has him figured out, the ever so ridiculous unsustained argument gets brought up and he is now prime trade bait? Oh and his contract is stupid?
Just a ridiculous post.

I wonder what would have happened if the Blackhawks gave up on Patrick Kane in the offseason because he had one down season last year.
Really good young players hit rough patches every now and then and this is Eberle's rough patch. Watch him bounce back next season and shut down all this nonsensical trade Eberle mumob jumbo.

The Oilers don't NEED to trade Eberle. If they want to add size and toughness to their top 6, they trade Gagner because he has value and trade Hemsky and Paajarvi to create space for those players. There is absolutely no need right now to trade one of the Big 4 NONE.
I will literally Paypal you $100.00 if Eberle hits 70 points next season or is in any way a hugely impactful straw that stirs the drink kind of player like he appeared to be in the previous one. How many of the same player do you want on this team going forward.

Rec28 was bang on with his posts and analysis (don't know if it was this or another thread). They've got some higher end players now - stars and gamebreakers, guys who have value but the mix of the team is preposterously off. Terrible balance. It's plain as day, anyone who has half a brain and watches a lot of hockey can tell something is wrong with the make up and balance of this team, it's not just terrible management. They finally have some pieces that could net them some good to great returns, pieces they actually need.

Not every team NEEDS 4 or 5 star to superstar level players. Tough decisions need to be made, bottom line. And please spare the comparison to Patrick Kane. Kane was a first overall pick who has always had elite skill and skating who is an all around threat, he also came into the league with one of the best 2way centres in the game in Toews, situations aren't remotely similar.

And I will add, I don't WANT to trade Eberle unless the right deal comes along. I do like the player but I want the best for the team. Hall and Yakupov could both already end up being PPG 40 goal scorers. Not to mention we haven't even talked about RNH who weighs about 180 lbs soaking wet, is only 19 and who is truly having a sophomore slump while playing a more valuable position.

Last edited by Philly85: 04-13-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Philly85 is offline   Reply With Quote