Thread: Player Discussion: Derek Dorsett
View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 04:44 PM
gocbj

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by setkreiderfree View Post
It's pointless arguing with you if you believe that. Check his career statistics. His career high in points is 20. He's not a 3rd line player. Torts will not be coaching this team next season if he doesn't get out of the first round of the playoffs.

Those close to Sather would tell you that he wasn't very happy with the way Torts handled Chris Kreider this season. He feels Kreider is a huge part of the team going forward and felt Torts was responsible for his play regressing at the NHL level. It's also pretty well known that Sather is pretty big fan of a couple of coaches that currently aren't coaching. Who that is you can figure out on your own. It's not difficult if you know who he respects around the league.
Actually he is a good 3rd line guy. He is very disciplined and responsible defensively. Played a lot on the PK and even a lot on our 2nd and 3rd line. I know, we are the blue Jackets... My point is he is not the 200 PIM guy he has been forced to be as a CBJ. As I mentioned before, tell him to fight 5 times a year (not 20) and he will score you 15 / 25. Honestly, a lot like Ryan Kesler did a couple of years ago when they told him to stop chirping and start playing.