View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 06:34 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Drewiske and Beaulieu will replace Emelin in the aspect of both solid play down low and the offensive side of things -- moving the puck out of the zone, offensive zone presence. The only thing either of the two DO NOT replace is Emelin's physical factor, which I believe could be a problem once the playoffs begin.

Raphael is still dealing with his concussion but I'd say he'll be ready for the playoffs. Since the Habs have now clinched, there is no need to rush him back.

Don't you guys think that Emelin has shown himself to be a much more complete player in terms of puck control, skating (some of the pivots he makes and with good speed have been the reason I love him so much) and his shot (low, strong and accurate)?

Physicality is, I guess we all agree, something we can't get back, but I'm equally worried about the stuff I mentioned above. I see a lot of posts mentioning him to be mediocre or not playing well, but many games, he's logged lots of tough minutes and been IMO part of our transition attack strategy. Drewiskie is solid in the role we acquired him for and Beaulieu is showing signs, but I still think Emelin's non-physical attributes are missing. Nobody is taking a hit to get it out apart from Subban and Gorges. Emmy was so good at that (along with throwing the guy down). Ahh, I'm just still in mourning.

Hoping Nathan shows us something special tonight, although I expect he's been told to keep it simple. First Habs-Leafs tilt of many many more -- must be quite an experience for him.