Thread: Igilna avaible?
View Single Post
Old
12-29-2003, 10:43 AM
sluggo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
I guarantee you that Clarke would move Gagne in a 1for1 deal for Iginla if he could find a little cash.. you make it seem like the move from Gagne to Iginla is lateral for Philly but it would most definitely not be.
Yes, that is a lateral trade because the two players are pretty much even talent/skill/productin wise. If you ignore Iginla's one "superstar" production year (2001-2002 - and I'm ignoring it because that was the one and only year he produced those kinds of numbers) he averages .72 points per game, Gagne averages .70 points per game. Gagna is also 3 years younger and makes 5 million less a year.

Why on earth would the Flyers pay 5 millin dollars more and give up 3 years for 0.02 of a point per game? When (and like I said, I think its more when then if) he gets moved it will be for picks and/or prospects, and Steen is a very good prospect that a trade could be centered around and he would help the Flames out a lot when he and the rest of the teams young players and prospects mature.