View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 09:37 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnuggaRUDE View Post
Then you're back to what decisions did he make that were bad?

I can think of 5 that were bad:

1). The Peca Situation. If Regier was responsible for this he should be gone
2). Hasek. Same as #1
3/4). Drury and Breire. I'm willing to give him a pass on this, as the owner made him slit his own throat
5). Matching Vanek OS. Same as above, but damn do I wish they saw how 3 and 4 were incompatible.

**edit**
6). If Regier made the decision to cut the Scouting department and switch to video scouting. (rescinded in the TP era)
The rest of his sticky spots I agree with his solutions.

Whoever is GM they have a huge problem with how to resolve the impending UFA of Vanek and Miller. I'm scared that if TP brings in a new GM they will need to instantly justify their existence and turn this into a #7 or #8 hockey club; handcuffing the Sabres for a decade.
1. This was a front office decision. Someone played hardball and I doubt Darcy was the final call.
2. Hasek.. I hated the return. Hasek wanted to leave a sinking ship and he had the upper hand. The return was Kozlov and Paille(minus a 2nd)...this stunk.
3. Briere wanted to stay. He told me and I believed him. His kids were with mine, but for some reason the Williamsville School district (according to Danny) placed his kids into a program for children with English as a 2nd language. He and Sylvie sent the kids to private school as a result. Larry Quinn wanted Drury and Danny was left hanging. I would have taken the Flyers offer every day of the week as well.
5. All of the above forced the Sabres hands. I agreed at the time.. they had to re-sign Vanek after losing Drury/Briere. My preference would have been keeping Briere and grabbing EDM's 4 1sts.
6. You have no idea what you are talking about. This was not a negative.
7. For those of you that dislike Darcy's drafting, look at his misses and then look at the next 10 picks.... do you recognize any of them?

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote