View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Leave me alone. I've had 15+yrs of Simon. Sam and his spelling can go **** himself.

Bozak has his defensive play and Faceoff% working for him.
But the biggest feather in his cap is that he has worked well with KEssel while Grabo did not.

I agree 4M is the max he should get. But his agent is going to point out that he has been a #1 center for the past 2.5 years. WHile that is true it speaks more to the lack of options for Toronto than it does to Bozaks skill or value.

I can see it from the agent's pov and if I am going into negotiations my starting point is 6M. 0.5M more than Grabo. I would think 5M would still be considered a win, but you never start with what you will be willing to accept.

I could totally see TML walking away from Bozak and going with Colborne, Kadri and Grabo next year.

Bozak is good at that stuff, but that stuff usually doesn't translate to $$$. Just isn't as valued as offense is.

His agent should be fired if he doesn't start negotiations like you suggested. But the agent also should be fired if he doesn't back off of that throughout the negotiations knowing that it is unrealistic.

Bozak I hope gets resigned, but yeah, I also wouldn't be surprised if we ended up not resigning him. Kadri, Grabo, Colborne and McClemant would still be alright down the middle. Then we also have guys like Hamilton who could play a few minutes a night on the 4th line if needed. Or Komarov used to play center and could be put there in a pinch. Wouldn't be the end of the world if we don't resign him.