View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 12:41 AM
SoFFacet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Johnson View Post
I have no desire to debate someone who believes the results don't matter. I got to that line and stopped reading.
Strawman. Not surprising, you can't argue against the real content of the post. Point out where in my post you found that line. I never said results don't matter.

Results are a product of a GM's decisions and innumerable other intervening factors. Unless you can point to specific poorly made decisions, you are blaming the GM for things he isn't culpable for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate Johnson View Post
Obviously trading Gaustad last year and Poms this year make us worse.

Why were we in the position that we needs to trade those guys? Darcy's failure leading up to te deadline is why we had to move Pominville.
We added Ehrhoff, Regehr, and Leino to a team that showed promise during the 2nd half of the 2010-11 season/playoffs. Adding to that team was the right call given the information available at the time. 2011-12 team was powerful on paper but vastly underperformed. Pulling the plug at the 2012 deadline and beyond was also the right call given the information available at the time. Go fish.

SoFFacet is online now   Reply With Quote