View Single Post
Old
04-13-2013, 11:49 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Oscar Limburger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCycleDriveBy View Post
Is Lundqvist a part of the team? Absolutely. But the difference is that he isn't included in any gameplans or systems. He has one job to do on the ice, and if you have 20 other guys who are being outplayed and one who isn't, you were outplayed overall. He just happens to be playing a position that can have a huge impact on the game. If he has an off night and lets in 6 goals, you don't claim you got outplayed, you say that he had an off night and let in some soft ones.

It's a two way street.

As an Isles fan, I felt that the Isles dominated play for most of the game (outside the of the Rangers PP's). But I really enjoyed the game as a whole, even with the outcome. Got a point and got to see a truly exciting and meaningful game between these two for the first time in 6 years.

Sometimes teams steal games, other times they don't, it's all a part of the game so I'm not too bitter. And just as an FYI, since I've seen some posts on it, that slash at the end of regulation called on Okposo was a textbook slash so I'm not quite sure why any Isles fan would be pissed off at that.
And as a Rangers fan, I feel that you guys got lucky we didn't pot 3 in a span of 4 minutes while we were dominating the first half of the second period.

Good game, very exciting. Glad both fanbases can agree on at least that much.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote