Thread: Speculation: Burns, future forward for life?
View Single Post
04-14-2013, 12:00 AM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
I meant a long term ppg winger, like career. Said that several times too. No hyperbole, you guys are just picking out parts you like to argue stupid ass semantics instead of the point of the conversation. Which by the way I was right about, and still am, regardless of all the dumb wordplay.

Nope, you said. (btw, that's still wrong)

Seriously, a PPG+ winger basically does not exist at the moment. I think that's pretty high expectations.
Which we proved was incorrect. Then you said.

Those are not PPG wingers, those are PPG wingers this season. Slightly larger sample size than Burns, but same point. I'm saying if Burns keep it up for several seasons at this pace it would make him the best winger in the game. That's pretty unlikely.
Which is still incorrect. Then you went on to

Brent Burns likeyhood of being a PPG winger over the long term is incredibly low. Few if any players do so over multiple years.
Which again, is still incorrect. Kane has been PPG for a few seasons. Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, St. Louis, Iginla, Alfredsson, Hossa, etc have all been PPG+ for multiple seasons. But whatever man, keep backtracking.

As for the actual Burns, topic, he certainly has the skill-set to be one of the top wingers in this league. Whether he can maintain it or not, who knows. The argument of "Out of the what, 120ish wingers in the game the odds that he will be in the top echelon of that are less than the odds that he won't" simply isn't a good one because skill-wise, Burns is a lot closer to first line wingers than 3rd/4th line grinders.

Last edited by WTFetus: 04-14-2013 at 12:08 AM.
WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote