Thread: Post-Game Talk: Rangers at Islanders 4/13/13
View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 12:18 AM
iLandHer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I don't think either team played particularly well tonight.

There were a lot of sloppy passes, slow plays, and bad reads. The goal was the Islanders just abandoning their coverage and Josh Bailey falling down on the past by Brassard. Girardi was actually able to finish on it.

The ice also seemed pretty bad. The puck was bobbing and bouncing around more than usual, I noticed a few times it just going straight over players sticks on simple passes.

All in all, I thought the game was even. Just because the Islanders hit an extra post doesn't mean they were better - it's called hitting the post for a reason. It's not a goal. I think post shots are overrated, anyways. A lot of players hitting the post is because of the way the goalies angle themselves, forcing the shooter to hit the post instead of the back of the net.
I couldn't care less about posts, I care more about zone time, cycling, and quality chances.. The Isles seemed to own in zone time and chances, the Rangers had a few quality chances as well and ultimately made the most of it by putting one in when it mattered most.

iLandHer is offline   Reply With Quote