View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 12:59 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandofLincoln View Post
Bolland is the player I move in the off season. I would resign Bickell, Stalberg, Rozsival & Emery. Crawford is worth his contract, and if Emery takes the reigns in the playoffs I find a way to keep Emery with a raise and move Crawford before next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Even with moving Bolland the Hawks don't have enough cap room next year to do all that.
the Hawks aren't doing too bad re cap space - right now (excl. buy outs) they're at $5,876,538. If you assume a buy out of Montador and Olesz that puts them at $11.9m. for 13/14. it would be great to dump bolland - hypothetically if we dumped him at the draft to move up w/ our own 1st round pick (meaning we weren't taking back salary)...that would put us at $15.3.

whether moving bolland like that is plausible or not...the point is that we do have more manoeuvre-ability than people are claiming.

however...i wouldn't even bother doing what Land of Lincoln suggests...I wouldn't re-sign Bickell at all (get a prospect from Rockford to fill in). Emery - we won't be able to re-sign him. He's proven his worth this year and will be able to command a bigger salary elsewhere than we could justifiably pay him. Same w/ Stalberg - I actually like him - but he's going to be able to command a bigger salary as a UFA than i'd want us to pay him.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote