View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 10:05 AM
Der Jaeger
O'Reichelainenhart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imlach a cup View Post
You watched that **** show and actually thought "wow they play harder in front of Enroth"? Who?
I've seen corpses that gave more of **** than they did. Saying three people played hard doesn't equal "Zomg dayz hat Mylar!"
There's a difference between playing hard, and playing hard and getting things done. Plenty of folks work hard but don't get much done. That's how I view the Sabres right now. I see plenty of folks playing hard, but they aren't getting much done.

The only players on the ice yesterday who won puck battles were Ennis, Ehrhoff, Sekera, Hodgson, and Pysyk. Guys like Porter, Flynn, Ott, Gerbe, Kaleta, Scott, Pardy, Weber, and Ruhwedel all competed, but they aren't high end, or even middle, level skill players. They don't win their share of battles. That's not even talking about skills, like passing, which the Sabres are also not doing well at. So you get an ultra sloppy game on the Sabres part.

Sloppy doesn't equal lack of effort. Sloppy, for the Sabres, means lack of skill. The team is loaded with players that would be on the 4th line, at best, or in the AHL for any of the high end teams in the league. How many of the Sabres could play for Chicago? Anaheim? Pittsburgh? Effort is great, but it goes hand-in-hand with skill. The Sabres' skill level is terrible right now.

Der Jaeger is online now   Reply With Quote