View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 12:13 PM
UnrealMachine

vCash: 500
Ex-Pens related, but I also tried to pay attention to Agostino last night as well. He was much much more physical than I had remembered. He looked like a 4th line pest the entire game. He was almost always seeking physical play while going into the opposition along the boards. He made a nice puck-handling move and pass to spring a breakaway that resulted in the 3rd goal.

I have to say though, his skating did not look good. He has kind of a Tanner Glass stride and is much more of a one-directional skater. Additionally, he was quite far behind (in terms of speed and technical abilities) of the better skaters last night. I would question his long-term impact at the NHL-level based on that alone. From how he looked overall last night, I would picture him in a 4th line pest role (with slick hands). He will need significant improvement in his skating if he wants to be a top 9 player. Didn't remember coming away with that impression on previous viewings, but this was the first time I saw him play live and perhaps I am also rounding down since he is no longer Penguins property, shrug.

Last edited by UnrealMachine: 04-14-2013 at 12:55 PM.