View Single Post
04-14-2013, 11:33 AM
Joey Bones
Gorilla Lives Matter
vCash: 500
Okay so I haven't been online in a while and I would just like to put my 2 cents in on some recent stories.
First, good for Philly and SJ to snag two really good prospects in Straka and Grosenick. Congrats to Eriah Hayes as well as Drew LeBlanc. Other noticeable signings: Juho Olkinoura and Chad Ruhwedel.

Second, NYR what are you doing?!?!?!

Okay now that that is out of my system.....

Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Any word on the other CLB's non signed draftee?
Brandon Archibald
6'4 200 lbs

His scouting report looks like a perfect fit for this team
Yes it is!! Perfect fit all the way, but Columbus will most likely sign him. They'd be stupid not to.

Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yale vs Mass-Lowell on soon and St. Cloud vs Quinnipiac in the 2nd of the Frozen Four games today. Winners go on to play Saturday night April 13th, 2013 for the NCAA Championship. Which ever team wins it will be the first ever for their program.

I'm taking a good look at free agent RH Dman Christian Folin for Mass-Lowell.
Don't know him.

Anyone else watching Jordan Thomas-Samuels taking over in the Frozen Four ?

6'4 217 Power forward, 7th rounder Winnipeg strikes gold me thinks.

Hartzell looks huge in net. Some really good players/prospects in this game.
You thinks correctly!! I had my eye on Peca and Langlois and I would like to be the first to note that (and its probably a shocker but) Langlois is...... slow . Just kidding. Langlois is extremely fast and I was most impressed with his ability to play a north/south game. High energy=LOVE!!!. I don't have anything else to say about Peca except that I want him. Highly skilled and quick as well. Hartzell is a clear given on my "PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF F***ING GOD SIGN HIM" radar. Especially now that Grosenick and Olkinoura are gone. Also Milner and Malcolm are good candidates. Also like the Jones twins and Dalhuisen.

PS: Very impressed with Jeff Malcolm's play in the Frozen Four tourney.

I thought Folin looked good, wasn't out on any goals against, and dropped Yale Captain Andrew Miller with a solid shoulder in the 2nd period.

Just guessing some names that could be there in 3rd round:

Myles Bell - 6'0 205, WHL overager, undrafted due to off ice issues, seems to have turned it around. Definite gamble but skill is high. Played as a forward, very odd situation.

Thomas Vannelli - 6'2 170 attending U of Minnesota next fall. Not sure if that puts the Rangers off though.

Anthony Florentino - 6'0 209, South Kent CT, Hard hitter, more of a stay at home, good decision maker with the puck but nothing flashy. Attending Providence in 2014.

Jordan Subban - 5'8 170, Belleville OHL, Subban brother #3 of the 4, offensive Dman, very small but talented. Could go higher on name alone.

Maxime Gravel - 6'0 185, Rimouski QMJL, smooth skater, high offensive IQ, plays with a mean streak at times.

Parker Reno - 6'0 190, Edina MinnHS, Two way Dman, nice point play on the PP, headed to RPI.

Atte Makinen - 6'3 200, Tappara Finland Jr, Big Stay at home, smart player with or w/o the puck, not overly skilled just solid fundamentals to go along with a powerful frame.

Hartzell was excellent. Laganiere was impressive all over the ice. Lanky frame will need to add a few pounds of muscle to play a power game.
Folin didn't look bad, but wasn't really noticeable. As for Miller, that guy is going to have some serious conversations about an NHL contract.

That Yale team looked very good. Besides Miller, Laganiere and Malcolm seem viable players for a contract. Wouldn't mind grabbing any of them.

As for your analysis, Bell=Check!! Gravel=Check!! Florentino, Reno, and Makinen don't know. please. Pass on Vannelli and Subban. Subban is too small and Vannelli I'm not overly impressed by him, but I wouldn't mind him.

Would also like to say that UMass Junior forward Joseph Pendenza was amazing with his run too.