View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 01:36 PM
OverTheCap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
What is "his game"? It certainly isn't coasting and not engaging himself in anyway.

Gaborik wasn't putting in the full effort required to be successful, here - maybe it's because he wants to be the #1 focus on the team, maybe it's because he's sick of Tortorella - but, whatever the case may be, it doesn't matter. The whole "Tortorella ran him out of town, poor Gabby" mantra is such BS and so made up I can't believe people buy into it. Gaborik gave up when he decided he didn't want to be here anymore, and frankly, he can get the **** out if he's not going to put in the effort he needs to to be successful.

Whatever success he has in Columbus, he wasn't finding it here, because he didn't want to find it here.

This is coming from an active Torts criticizer.
Well said.

I can't feel sympathetic for any player that quits on his team. I'm sure there have been times when Lundqvist gets fed up with the way the team is performing in front of him. He looked absolutely devastated a few weeks ago. But he doesn't complain about it or put in less than an effort because he's unhappy.

Gabby was playing like he wanted out. He was fully capable of playing and skating like he currently is in Columbus but he chose not to. I don't know if it's because he was trying to spite Torts or if he was disappointed that he had to share the spotlight with Nash. I think Gabby was a good teammate prior to this season but his attitude this year is not something I want in the locker room.