View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Cyclones Rock

vCash: 500
What's Up With This?

A check of CHL websites revealed some interesting information.

Four of the teams (Allen, Fort Worth, Rapid City and Denver) DO NOT have season ticket information for the 2013-14 season. All the rest do.

Last season, Evansville and Fort Wayne (prior to their moves to the ECHL) were advertising season tickets for 36 home games, which obviously weren't intended for the CHL. Perhaps the CHL has a policy in place which prevented this from occurring again.

The ECHL Board of Governors Spring Meetings were not officially closed with an announcement of the teams which will comprise the ECHL for the 2013-14 season. Normally, the BOG Spring Meeting is formally closed and the teams for the upcoming season are announced-including those which won't return.

My speculation would be that Allen, Fort Worth and Rapid City are looking like strong candidates to jump leagues. I don't have any reason to believe that Denver would be doing the same.

I wouldn't expect any formal announcements until the CHL playoffs conclude next month. Until then, I think there's plenty of valid reasons to make plausible speculations about possible team movements.