View Single Post
04-14-2013, 01:39 PM
vCash: 500
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
That's true, but from what I understand, Nichushkin is more of a "top 6 or bust" type of player, no?
Well you're picking Nichushkin thinking he's going to be a dynamic offensive threat, so if you're picking him that high in the draft and he's not a top 6 player then he's a flat-out bust, but you can say that about a lot of guys. I think "Top 6 or bust" should be more used to describe organization guys like Akeson rather than a top 10 pick.

Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
One thing Lindholm has going for him is that he is both a winger and a center. That skill set not many players can play. Look how invisible DannyB looks on the wing. Say we decide to trade the Couturier or Schenn (just a scenario), Lindholm has the ability to slot into the center spot if needed. If not, he plays on the wing. The only small knock on Lindholm was before this season started, scouts questioned his offensive ability. Seems like he quieted alot though with his play this season.
It's one thing to say a guy can play center and wing on European ice and in the European game, but it's another to say he can do it at the NHL level on smaller ice. Less room to work with, game speeds up a bit, more physical. That said, position versatility is valuable in a lot of sports, hockey is not one of them. Is it nice to have a guy to slot in like a Matt Read? Yes, but it's way down on the list in the evaluation process. Especially in our organization where we already have a glut of centerman. Pick the best player. I like Lindholm's game. He's got shades of Giroux in his game. I'm not knocking him in any way, I'm just saying Nichushkin brings a different element we have lacked.