Thread: Claude Julien
View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 02:44 PM
doakacola*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastNiner View Post
Sorry, but Laviolette, Tortorella, and Bylsma are not equal or better than Julien. You'll find many Penguins fans that really don't like Bylsma. Even Quenville isn't always loved by Blackhawks fan, and he's very fortunate he has an excellent team in front of him.

These threads are quite comical with people calling for his head when it's certain players on this team that are playing like crap, essentially handicapping him.

If people want to claim Lucic, Horton, and Peverley are playing poorly because of Julien, fine, but I disagree. However, if that is not the case, then Julien is pretty much putting lines together with three top nine players that are not playing anywhere near that level.

I can't believe the OP wants to see players double shifted. He'd be the first person crying about it if those players become fatigued in the playoffs.

Julien is fine and is not even close to being the problem. He's not the one whiffing on shots, trying to skate 1 on 3, and shooting the puck high and wide or into the goalies chest. He's not the one making terrible passes at the blue line leading to turnovers, not back checking, and floating around half the time. If people want to blame those actions on Julien, go ahead, but you're wrong.
Laviolette is every bit as good as Julien. The two things on his resume make the point. Care to tell me what makes Laviolette inferior?