View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 02:55 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
From the other thread but got closed right after I posted:

D Tommy Vannelli - Toolsy and smooth defender from Minnesota high school that has lots of filling out to do, noted for a eye-popping outlet pass and PP QB abilities. Could take a Petry like development in the US system. Supposed to go to University of Minnesota. Might be one of my favorite prospects I've heard about from on paper without actually seeing him play. Got invited to NTDP but turned it down to return for his senior year at Minnetonka. He is with NTDP for the U-18's so keep an eye on him

D Dylan Labbe - defenseman playing out of Shawinigan, a godawful team, high defensive and offensive IQ with a physical element, have heard comparisons to Letang on an a bad Val D'Or team in his draft year. He is part of Team Canada's entry at the U-18's so I'll be keeping my eye on him for sure there.

D Maxime Gravel - smooth skating, high offensive IQ d-man with a bit of a mean streak in him. Could be appealing after round 3.

F Marc-Olivier Roy - Slick hard-working forward with terrific stickhandling skills, IQ, and elusiveness, competitive but slight in size. Is lighting it up in the playoffs right now in the Q. Only his second year in the league as an 18-year-old but the skills are really intriguing to me here. Late 2nd to early 4th range for this guy.

F Vincent Dunn - intense, physical, agitator type who crashes the net playing for Val D'Or in the Q. Size is his minus at 5'11". Put up good points with 52 points in 53 games but got suspended for a racial slur against a native opponent earlier this year. Teams tend to fall in love with these types of players, could see him going as early as the 2nd because of his competitiveness. Have heard anywhere from Marchand to Kaleta with this type of guy. Love these types of prospects personally.

F Emile Poirier - This guy could be the Brandon Saad of this draft from the sounds of Q watchers, late birthday (Saad was too), but I'd keep my eye on him. Very skilled with some skating concerns but people are all over his clutchness and skills. His forechecking, intelligence and 2-way game seem to be raved about. Plays in Gatineau right across from Ottawa and played Halifax in playoffs, this guy is known by all scouts by now might be an early 2nd at this point. Have heard Pascal Dupuis kind of guy if things go right, sounds like a player with sense to translate to pros that you want on your team/system.