View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 03:26 PM
EastCoastNiner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C77 View Post
It's the nature of the business.

Jacques Martin (and Halak) got the Habs to the Conference Finals in 09-10. Last year he got fired and it was justified.

Laviolette won a Cup in Carolina and got fired a few years later.

Guy Boucher was the toast of the league getting Tampa Bay to Game 7 of the Conference Finals two years ago. He got fired this year.

It seems to me that the most successful time for coaches is about the 2nd or 3rd year they are in place. After that things go sour.

Sorry, but this is just a terrible comparison, and I think you know that. I understand your thought of coaches getting fired after a few years because things go sour, but lets take a look at one BIG difference............

2011-2012: Jaques Martin had the Habs with a 13-12-7 record, with the Habs picking third overall in this years draft.

2008-2009: Peter Laviolette had the Hurricanes at a 12-11-2 record............while missing the playoffs the two seasons before.

2012-2013: Guy Boucher had the Lighting at a 13-17-1 record while missing the playoffs the year before.

To compare their firings to what Julien is doing this year is off-base, to put it as nicely as possible. Claude Julien has not missed the playoffs since he's been here, has three division championships, and could have a fourth one this year.

Even when Julien was fired before, his teams were in the playoffs/contention with 94 points and 107 points respectively.

Not....even.....comprable.