View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 04:18 PM
Qrispy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
I love what Monahan provides and I also disagree with your assessment of his offensive potential (he took a big step forward this year - his numbers look the same but the help around him was non-existent).

Despite that, I think I'd side with Lindholm if we had a choice of the two (which would be an absolute dream - I'd love either of them). People sometimes get a little too hung up on size - the best one-two centreman duo in recent memory is Sakic-Forsberg and they were both under 6'0 tall.

Lindholm is a gritty player and he's superb along the boards. He's the kind of player who could carry a second line long-term while Monahan is more of a complimentary player.

I'm praying we end up drafting 7th or lower. My worst case scenario at 7 would be like this:

1-Jones
2-Drouin
3-Mackinnon
4-Barkov
5-Nurse
6-Lindholm
7-???

That would leave us with one of Monahan or Lindholm for sure IF a team was sold on Nurse's potential. We could also go big and take Nichuskin if we wanted a bit more risk.

Dropping down another pick or two would likely result in us taking one of the 3rd tier forwards (Shinkaruk or Domi) or 2nd tier defencemen (Ristolainen, Pulock, or Zadorov).

I'd be perfectly happy walking away from the draft with one of Monahan or Pulock but I'd be ecstatic if we could add a guy like Lindholm. I just don't think we'll be in a position to make that happen.
Totally agree with this. I love the combination of skill and grit Lindholm has but we need to get into the top 5. Jones, Mac, Drouin, Barkov are pretty much locks for the top 4 spots. The 5th spot is where things get pretty interesting. Krueg and the boys need to keep the tanks rolling.