View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 05:43 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Matter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
I don't think Hitch is holding the young guys back.

On the Tarasenko front, his playing time has been limited with good reason IMO (although I did question his PP time early in the season). Tarasenko has shown some need for endurance training in the off season. He gets pretty sluggish at the end of most shifts. I believe the frequent stops and starts are a bit more than he is accustom. Then you have to consider that Stewart and Oshie are ahead of him on the RW depth chart.

As for Schwartz, he had a very slow start to the season. He seemed to get out muscled on every shift at the beginning. Over the course of the season that changed. As a result, he is seeing more time. In the beginning he also was not doing well on his defensive coverage. That has changed as well.

With Jaskin, we do not know what to expect. But, we do know that Hitch has some high praise for the kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Personally, I think the coaching is sound. The execution, and perhaps fundamental understanding of the coaching principles by some players, is still a work in progress.
Great posts. Thanks guys! Hopefully the Blues will turn up the offensive intensity going into the playoffs. Would like to see your team do well / maybe upset a favorite early on. Screw those big market teams.