View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 05:30 PM
flyershockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumpyD View Post
Chicago's hand was forced to rid themselves of a lot of players after their cup win in order to keep their main core intact. Holmgren just decided to move him as well because we were blowing up the team at the time for whatever reason.

Neither of those things cast much of a reflection on the value of Versteeg as a player. Versteeg was very important to Florida's success last year.
Versteeg would have been considered amongst Chicago's core if he was a better player. He's just not that much of an impact player to warrant trading a first and a third for him.

He was good for a team that had no business being in the playoffs last year. The fact that they won their division last year is only an indication as to how bad the overall play was in the Southeast. If Versteeg is a key cog to your offense, you probably don't have a good team. And I'm not completely biased, I consider guys like Read to be in a similar mold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 View Post
I've never been against trading Couturier, but I think by trading him after this year, you are selling low.
Agreed. Selling Couturier now would would be disastrous in terms of asset management. He's clearly going to be a much better and more valuable player than he's shown this season.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote