View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 06:47 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
I agree with all of this but, (Maybe it's just me) Bordy's stick handling, and passing ability seems to go unnoticed. He also seems to make quick simple decisions with the puck as well. Every time I watch a game I see him do something once or twice that makes me think "Hey, thugs aren't suppose to be able to do that.".

Bordy is really good at maintaining puck possession along the boards, he seems to be able to skate around with the puck at will sometimes. That could be coached into something useful.

Hes also starting to shoot the puck on occasion as well. Bordy may have a little more potential than we think, he makes a surprising play at least once almost every game.

Any huge guy who can skate and handle the puck as well as he can, could possibly have an impact with more than just 6-8 minutes a night.

I'd like to see him get some fitting offensive opportunities, like being planted in front of the net on the second power-play. You never know. I feel this way about both him and Malone though, and it's a good time to try some of these guys in different roles.

Agreed, Bordy has some natural talent.

He could be worked into a 3rd line guy. But it would take a coach who could bring those types of skill out of him. Sacco believe it or not would probably actually be that type of guy who could help Bordy.

If we were unfortunately faced with the horrors of another season of Sacco, keeping Bordy around and under Sacco could be one of the extremely few and small positives out of it.