View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Numbers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
What does Regehrs value have to do with a goalies? I don't think you realize he's a defenseman

And Carey Price probably isn't worth much to other teams but considering he's only 25 and younger than Schneider and still has 3x more experience than him...I'd say his value is just a bit better than Schneiders but Price's contract would deffs hurt him unless he has a good post-season.

But Price is worth much more to the habs than other teams would want to pay but at least I can admit that

Canucks fans are talking as if they want a few firsts for him or a 1st line winger...I'm not sure exactly what you guys think he's worth, maybe you or other canuck fans can tell me? And since you brought up Price, do you Canuck fans think Schneider has more value than Price taking into account age, contract length + salary and experience?
It doesn't matter that Regeir is a defenceman, it just goes to show how ridiculous your comment was. Yes Carey Price has more value. Do you think it was a good selection at 5th overall for him? Clearly goalies can have more value than you suggest otherwise they wouldn't be drafted in 1st round. Do you think Schneider has more value then he was drafted, because he was drafted late in the 1st. Obviously he does, depending on the goalie, they have a lot more value then comparable position players. Many compare QB in football to goalie in hockey and guess what's the most valuable position in football? The idea that goalies carry less value is overrstated, because most teams will never trade a good starting goalie, since they are so hard to come by and this is why we don't see many trades.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote