View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 10:50 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Loving Beck! He isn't afraid to drive the net. Forsberg played a fairly quiet 18 min. Did some good things and didn't look as lost as I thought he might. Bartley and Klein had bad games. I think Blum has played himself out of place here. I hope we can get something for him. Watson just looks lost. Butler losing the puck on the penalty shot is just par for course for us this season. Just hate losing to the wings. Glad that we only have to put up with their fans for one game next season.

I will say that the wings did not look very dominating. I think another first round exit is quite possible for them.
Some pretty fair points here HD. About the main negatives I saw from Forsberg, and many of the other young players for that matter, were things like trying to chip a puck softly by a guy instead of deep in the Wings zone, and similar type stuff in our defensive zone. I think a lot of that can be smoothed out with training camp and adjustment to the NHL game. Beck continues to impress game after game. That is one kid that absolutely wants to be in Nashville to start next season.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote