View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 11:22 PM
Renbarg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrocelli View Post
Hey gents,

just some random questions. It is obvious that Anders Lee won't be seeing any playing time now that we are in the middle of a playoff run. Joensuu and Reasoner seem to be ahead of him. With that said, contractually speaking, are the Isles allowed to send him to Bridgeport to help the Sound Tigers in their quest to make the playoffs?? Even if Lee isn't sent down, or doesn't see any ice time the rest of the way, I certainly think it will help him heading into training camp just seeing the intensity and effort it takes to make a playoff push in the NHL, as well as learn that he is going to have to battle really hard just to earn a spot next year.......... But if they could send him down to Bridgeport for the final 5 or so games and battle for a playoff spot, by all means send him.

I noticed Finley hasn't been listed as a healthy scratch lately. Is he on the inactive/injured list?? He is another guy that Bridgeport could use for the final week or so if he wasn't injured. Is he eligible to be sent down yet??

Lastly, when Brian Streit is ready, will he be able to play a few games at Bridgeport (if Bridgeport is still indeed playing)?? I believe even if he has a one-way contract, he is allowed to play a certain amount of games in the AHL as he is rehabbing an injury......... Do you guys see him working his way back into the lineup for the playoffs, or is that way too risky in throwing off the chemistry of a defense that is performing quite well.....

A real exciting playoff run and the prospect of our most competitive training camp in over 20 years come September.... it's about time..... Go Isles!!!!!
Anders had some leverage in that he could have become a FA after his college season ended. It has been speculated by some fans on this board that Garth and Anders (rather his agent) have a handshake deal that keeps Anders in the NHL for the rest of the year. I guess if he doesn't play 6 games it doesn't burn a year off of his ELC, but either way, getting an NHL paycheck vs. an AHL paycheck should be pretty nice.

Finley has been injured (although there was some speculation at the time of it being *weneedarosterspotitis* (as one poster put it), however, I think rosters are expanded now so he could have been pulled off of IR if he wasn't actually injured.

Strait is back skating, I'm pretty sure he can get some rehab games in, but I doubt it. The Islanders didn't give Jonessuu and Bailey any rehab games, and both out since even before the season. I'm sure Strait will work his way into the lineup sooner or later.