Thread: Marleau
View Single Post
Old
04-14-2013, 11:47 PM
SJeasy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrNumber4 View Post
Don't you agree that for players like Thornton and Boyle, you just need to let them play their game? They'll figure it out, especially guys like Boyle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You do but there are some rare occasions where those guys need to be sent a very strong message in order to get them to play how you want them to. If they're struggling AND not playing the way you want is when coaches really have a problem. If you're struggling but playing how they want you to, they'll let you figure it out. And they'll give you slack if you're not playing the way they want but getting it done. Thornton for a while was being very stubborn but it wasn't impacting his production even though he didn't look great at all really. Boyle is sort of unique. He really wasn't playing that badly until last week or so. He's not playing at the level he's used to but he wasn't playing badly until just recently.

They'll give Boyle a pretty long leash on this like they did Thornton but if this continues, you'll see the coaches do something about it. I think Demers has been the best overall d-man in this recent stretch but not by much over Stuart but Stuart has obviously had the better season.
PF said it better than I could with one quibble. I don't think Boyle has been at all good this year. His assists have dropped like a stone. He has been curtailing rather than assisting quick ups and entries. And, I did see a coach talking to him right after he bypassed an opportunity.

SJeasy is offline   Reply With Quote