View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Tawnos
A guy with a bass

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Well Dubi and Cally got 4.2m and they weren't nearly as good as Stepan when he was extended.

He can simply say, look at what an inferior player in ROR got, and ask for that.

I wish we extended him a month ago when he was finally getting into his groove. I wanted to get both McD and Stepan identical 6 yrs at 24mil, but I think they'll get more than that.
I hate to harp on you, but this analysis is a little off. Dubinsky signed his extension after having lead the team in scoring. His RFA years also only cost $3.875m, but since the contract ate two UFA years, it inflated the cap hit. Callahan signed his extension after scoring at basically the same pace that Stepan has scored at this year (48 pts in 60 games = 65 points in 82 games). His RFA years cost $4m, but his contract ate one UFA year. Plus, both players were signing deals that weren't bridge contracts. Both players were arbitration eligible and signed just before their hearings, something that won't be the case with Stepan.

The ROR contract is a poor indicator too, since it was inflated by the offer sheet.

Tawnos is online now   Reply With Quote