View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 01:04 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McG View Post
Still haven't had a chance to watch his first game, but I tried to watch him whenever he was on the ice today and I'll just echo basically what everyone has been saying about the guy... he just looked steady. Played a modest, mistake-free game and he never looked flustered - he has a lot of similar qualities to Mark Pysyk. If you look at some of his college highlights he does have a lot more offensive ability than he's shown, and I bet he puts up a decent amount of points in the final few games once he's more comfortable.

Don't want to label this as a home run signing after two games, but from what everyone is saying about his first game and what I saw against Tampa, he looks the part of a NHL defenseman. It's pretty impressive considering the huge difference in talent level, and learning to play with a team he's literally never played a second with. His first real test will come Boston on Wednesday, though.
His puck control, size, skating, and release all remind me of Brian Rafalski. If he blossoms to half the dman Rafalski was, it's a hell of a signing.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote