View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 03:39 AM
ITM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Potvin. Would have won the cup if not for Fraser. Cujo ditched a decent team to try and win a cup with the Wings. Only to come back to the Leafs with his head in shame.
I'd have to agree. I think a lot of people forget how fantastic Potvin was for those two seasons. He absolutely won games for the club, and he did it after making Grant Fuhr, a very capable Fuhr, expendable. Taking nothing away from Joseph who was obviously a gifted goalie, but with Potvin, you had a goaltender who would go through a wall (or Hextall) and who came up through the system.

When Joseph left Edmonton, he left a lot of fans feeling betrayed. Did the same thing in Toronto, when the club I believe was 3rd in offence...That's 3rd in offence, but Detroit was that much better, enough for him to decline a contract offer that would have made him the highest paid goalie in the league.

I felt betrayed by Joseph as well. Great goalie, but if I'm given a choice between Potvin and Joseph and the rubber comes down to the character of the tender inspiring the team, give me Felix Potvin, ten times out of ten.

Last time I checked, in a head to head, it was Potvin 1 Joseph 0 anyway.

ITM is offline   Reply With Quote