View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 05:18 AM
ottawa

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post
This whole goalie market is non-existent/small is completely false. People like to become sheep and follow what everyone says despite cold hard facts proving that the goalie market exists. Colorado gave up the 11th overall pick for Varlamov, a goalie who had 53 starts in a span of 3 years, had a .917 career percentage and also several injury concerns. Ben Bishop (career .912 save percentage) who had one good year (13 games played), got a leading calder candidate Cory Conacher. Lindback (a nobody before last year, played decent in a small amount of games in Nashville) got 2 2nd round picks, and a 3rd round pick. Schneider's value would be sky high, especially what he has been doing this year.
In case you forgot the general public thought Colorado overpaid for Varlamov, the reactions were hilarious in fact but I'll give you that one...Varlamov was sold high but they didn't trade an 11th overall like you claim they did, they actually gave up a 1st round pick in 2012 which turned out to become an 11th pick overall, huge difference.

As for the Conacher for Bishop trade, it was no overpayment from either side, it's mostly equal imo. It's been said over and over again, Conacher got most his points while he was playing with Stamkos and St-Louis, he got taken off that line and his production dipped...in fact in his last 22 games he only has 6 points and he is not doing great with the sens either right now.

The Lindback trade included two 2nds from 2012 and one third in 2013...I would say that's pretty much what Schneider is worth to be honest, I hadn't thought of it that way. Both goalies are inexperienced (though Schneider has more GP), neither have ever played more than half a season so they're unproven over the course of a full season but they both have good potential.

And how is the small goalie market thing non-existent...can you provide more than 1 example (the Varlamov one). I kind of provided you with a huge list...I'd say what Bishop and Lindback returned is just about fair market value, Varlamov was clearly an overpayment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHodgson View Post

Anders Lindback gets 2 2nd round picks and a third round pick (which is arguably worth mroe than a late first), but Schneider is lucky to get a late first rounder. Now think about what you said for a second, and go back to being someone who lacks any knowledge about hockey.
stay classy

Last edited by ottawa: 04-15-2013 at 05:23 AM.
ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote