View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 08:04 AM
Crease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Are you going with 3 full seasons I assume? Nicholls played for the Rangers in 3 seasons (granted one was half way through and the final one was only 1 game)

Any reason we are going with 3 seasons? Pat Lafontaine really impressed me when he was here before we killed him.

Didn't know Bathgate played RW, I would have sworn he was a center. Thanks for the info.
We originally decided to open the door to any player who played center for at least 75% of a minimum 4 seasons. Exceptions were made for Gretzky and Nilsson. Gretzky played three very-high level seasons for the Rangers. Nilsson played 3+ before his career was cut down by injuries.

I'd be happy to add Lindros and Nicholls to the list if you think they deserve consideration. I certainly don't want to preclude someone from arguing in favor of a player before the voting rounds begin. If the consensus is that a player with 2 very strong seasons is more worthy of being on a franchise's all-time list than a player with 5 or 6 above average seasons, then so be it. That's what the voting process is for. What are other people's thoughts on this?

Last edited by Crease: 04-15-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Crease is offline   Reply With Quote