Thread: Filip Forsberg
View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 08:25 AM
CraigsGotHandles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurGocIsAnAwesomeGoc View Post
LOL, "his skating was as bad as advertised." Leave it to Stranger to try to piss all over a good performance. His skating and mobility were actually better than I expected.

He looked lost defensively, he looked lost in transition\breakout, but that's to be expected. He had taken the morning skate with the team...that's it. Those aspects of the game are system, and you don't learn a system until you've been with the team a while. What I was looking for were "instinct" and "skill" based plays...things he could simply rely on his ability for, and he delivered. He had about 4 great scoring chances, and showed me more than I could have expected in a rushed debut after an international flight.
Agreed. He was definitely a bit lost, you could see that just from looking at his face, but give an 18 year old a break. His hands, vision, and passing all looked slick. After watching this team all season its obvious we could use another line or two of players with those qualities. With a good draft pick and a little faith in our young forward group I think this team has a shot at contending in 2, maybe sooner if Poile can pull some offseason magic.

CraigsGotHandles is offline   Reply With Quote