View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 09:06 AM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
I can almost guarantee you the Canucks will never trade with the Leafs for another decade at least. You can bet on it. So dont worry about Schneider.

I think your plan to develop Remier is a good one, but I caution you on Bernier. He has been given VERY sheltered minutes behind a great defensive team to showcase for trade. At age 25, he is not a goalie capable of carrying a franchise. I dont know if he will ever become more than a mediocre starter for a second tier team.
Bernier has succeeded at every level which is why he was drafted as a high 1st rounder. His situation is really no different then Schneiders. Your argument I'm guessing is that Cory is more proven because he is the #1 goalie and has been for two years while Bernier has never been that guy.
That may be a fair assessment but I'm willing to bet Bernier has all star potential. Just watching him play is proof enough for me. He lacks ideal size but has all the other variables.
Van is not trading Schneider so that pretty much makes Bernier the first option in the offseason.
Lu just doesn't make any sense to me.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is online now   Reply With Quote