View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 12:38 PM
Raisy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Tigers I understand what you're saying about the championships but watching this team right now is a lot closer to the Miami Marlins than it is another great franchise. Florida won 2 World Series in 6 years and have stunk since. Ask those fans what they think of those 2 championships I don't think you will get much of a reaction. It's becoming that way with Windsor fans now.
I think you are selling the team and the fans short here regarding the championships. I think the championships are a huge deal for the city and the fanbase. I, as a fan, would love to win every year, but that's not realistic. If fans are going to turn their backs so easily, than my view is that those are fans who were spoiled by the succes.
I agree the past 2 years have been painful, but this is not a comparable position to the Marlins; the Marlins gave the impression that they were going to build a strong team to get a stadium build and then traded everyone. Though the results may not have shown it this past year, Rychel tried to improve the team at the deadline, not sell off, and unfortunately injuries got in the way.