View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 01:03 PM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
All I'm saying is this was a move for next year, not this year. If the move was for this year, it sure as hell didn't work.

We have zero points from centers since the trade. Koivu, Granlund, Brodziak, and Konopka all goose eggs. Depth at center was a much larger concern than scoring from the right wing. Setoguchi needs a good center to keep him on the scoresheet and apparently the top line needs depth to keep producing as well.
I don't completely disgree with this.

I have wanted us to get a true, top line right wing for the last two years however. In fact, Pominville was even one on my wishlist

But I don't know that this was the year to do it, especially when we did pay a premium for him.

I am under the impression that Leopold was putting pressure on Fletch to make something happen however. No proof on this, just the signs, to me, point to that.

Especially after losing Cullen, we needed a little more guarantee for success than we had, especially if we would lose another top 6 forward.

Next year if we shore up our top 4 d we should actually be alright. I still have doubts about our coach's ability, but that's another matter.

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote