View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 12:54 PM
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
Well personally I can't speak to 1940-1994 but ever since Dolan took over he has clearly been the problem with the Knicks and the Rangers. The poor decisions flow from the top all the way down to the guys on the ice/court. From allowing Sather to continue to be GM, to allowing Isaiah Thomas to be GM. I'm not saying that he doesn't want to win, I just think that as long as he makes money he is complacent. Let's face it, even though the Knicks were awful from 2000-2010 and the Rangers from 1998-2005 he still made money because of two die hard fanbases in the biggest city in the US. If no fans showed up to games or bought merchandise during those time periods it would have lit a fire under his ass to improve the teams.
I'm not even convinced he cares about winning at all. Dolan has the model down pat. All Ranger fans need is the hope that at the beginning of every year the team will remain "competitive" and have a chance to make the playoffs. Listen to the sentiment around here all year. "Once you are in the playoffs anything can happen!" Yeah, anything, especially a first or second round exit. No matter how bad this team plays or has played the majority of this fan base believes with great conviction that once they're in the playoffs, it's a whole new ball game. Unfortunately a new ball game with the same ol' team. Why does Sather buy every year at the deadline? The reaction to the Gaborik trade should sum it up nicely. People are convinced that was the shot in the arm this team needed to turn things around and get back to playing "the right way." However the only thing that remains consistent is that yet again Henrik ****ing Lundqvist, the best goalie in the world right now is carrying this team on his back. Yet the outcome will be the same and the cycle will continue. The Kings winning last year was the best thing to happen to the Rangers managment. Now they have even more reason to keep this team mediocre year after year all while raising ticket prices. Rangers fans will keep believing all you need to do is make the playoffs, and continue standing behind poor asset managment as long as there is some hope they can win the Cup.