View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 02:10 PM
Bardof425*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Whole body of work the season before? This can be looked at in a couple of ways. In the last 3 seasons, he hasn't looked like he did in his first season here. His speed isn't as apparent. His shot has lost velocity. Last year, he found other ways to consistently score goals. The year before that, he looked exactly like he looked for us this year.

I'll tell you this: I watch Rangers games now and I don't miss Gaborik at all. And this is coming from a guy who was one of his biggest fans and was constantly defending him last year. Whether or not he was great for us in seasons past, if he's not missed on the ice, than he wasn't that valuable to us this season.
I'm a big Gabby supporter who feels like Torts ran him out of here. And I will admit that the team seems better positioned to make some noise in the playoffs than before the trade. The addition of Brassard alone gives us some offensive depth down the middle which was desparately needed. And since Gabby wasn't scoring and didn't appear poised to start scoring any time soon the deal makes a lot of sense. Get Staal healthy and Dorsett in the lineup and let's go to war.