04-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Beegoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Did he make the team better?

Before trade: 21-13-2 (.611)
After trade: 1-3-1 (0.300)

Not better in reality. Better on paper maybe, but not better in real life.

What about his linemates:

Before trade:
Parise 31 pts in 36 games (0.861)
Koivu 33 pts in 36 games (0.917)

After trade:
Parise 2 pts in 5 games (0.400)
Koivu 0 pts in 5 games (0.000)

So neither his linemates nor his team has improved. Not better this year so far.

Honestly his age is not an asset IMO...not a lot of guys can maintain their scoring level in their 30's.

I mean its pretty silly to go and look at his line mates points on the board considering the hot goalies we've played and the fact they have NEVER played with him before??

How about his overall points (4) in 5 games with 14 shots in comparison to who he replaced on that line at the time

Coyle who has 6 goals 3 assists 9 points and 38 shots in 30 games almost exclusively on that line..

Pominville would have: 12 goals 12 assists 24 points and 84 shots in that same time frame

While I agree he didn't find chemistry instantly with Mikko and Zach..and we haven't been winning lately, I don't really think there can be an argument made that Pominville doesn't make this team better..thats kinda silly.

He fixes our RH shot on the PP problem, kills penalties and gives us secondary scoring that we needed to get us over the hump. Sure you can make the argument that since we've got him we have struggled but is that because of Pominville? I think that hot goalies plus injuries to Cullen and Heatley and a struggling blue line are the reasons. I can make the argument that without him playing as well as he has we would be 0-5 in those games.

Give Pommer time..I'm not sure anyone of our fans realizes how good he is. To put in perspective he had more points than Parise last year. And has scored 80 points in this league before..something the Wild has never dreamed of having a player capable of.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote