View Single Post
Old
04-15-2013, 01:27 PM
Beegoalie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
You can argue all you want, but you can't argue with what I wrote: the team is not better than it was when the trade was made. If it were, they would be winning, not losing games.

No, I don't think it's Pominville's fault. And no, I don't think he made the team worse. But it's clearly not better.

There's an adjustment period when you add a new player, and it's going to take a good while for the player and team to adjust. Problem is, this is a short season. There's not enough time and practice days for the player to really fit in.

I think the Wild would have been much better off calling up Zucker two weeks ago to add secondary scoring.
Logical points..but I respectfully disagree with this.

Even while we were winning, overall throughout the season we haven't been an offensive juggernaut..we have been pretty middle of the pack. Could agree more with calling up Zucker but him alone wasn't going to solve our problem of trying to get into upper tier of Western conference in terms of forward depth and scoring. Adding Pominville just brings us up that much higher. He is probably the second best weapon on this team.

If we all of a sudden go on a run here with Cullen back, and the weak schedule we having coming up..2 games against Calgary, Edmonton and Colorado to finish the season..would you change your mind??

IMO, the trade happened and people pinned this losing streak on the trade..when in reality the losing streak is a result of Cullen and Heatley going down, which gives us one good line..Brodziak and Clutterbuck struggling and the defense struggling.

You can't win in the NHL with one line...adding Pominville now if we throw Coyle back on the top line gives us 2 lines that can score. Add Zucker and maybe we have 3..which makes us elite again.

Beegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote